A modern Internet user is constantly faced with hundreds of advertising windows on sites. In addition, there is always a risk of “picking up” virus software, because of which there will be even more advertising. It will begin to appear on separate tabs and even in the operating system. Today we’ll talk about how to remove ads in the Google Chrome browser.
If the text guide is not enough, then be sure to watch the video presented.
Built-in browser functionality
Let’s start with the standard browser features. Despite the popularity of Google Chrome, its ad blocking functionality is still limited. You can only disable pop-ups. This feature will save you from annoying notifications and offers when entering sites. To enable the option, use the following guide:
- Open Google Chrome and go to the side menu.
- In the list of sections, select “Settings.”
- Scroll down the page and click on the “Advanced” button.
- In the new list, go to the “Content Settings” subsection.
- Find the line “Pop-ups and redirects”.
- The “Blocked” parameter must be turned off. In this situation, you will not receive annoying ads in the form of pop-ups. You can also specify exception sites on this page.
Most users of any browser install special extensions that block 90% of ad units and videos. So you can get rid of annoying inserts in the middle of the video, flickering blocks with ads on your favorite news resources, and so on. When using the blocker, surfing the Internet becomes much more pleasant. To install this add-on in Google Chrome, follow these steps:
- Through the side menu, go to “Advanced Tools” – “Extensions”.
- On the left, open the additional panel and click on the button to go to the online store.
- On the page that opens, find the search bar and enter the name AdBlock. Also, instead of this plugin, you can install Adguard, Adblocker, Ads Blocker, and so on.
- On the page with the description of the plugin there is a button “Install”.
- After clicking, a pop-up window will appear in which you need to confirm the operation.
- When the extension is installed, a corporate icon will appear on the top panel of the browser. Activate the blocker by clicking on it.
These extensions also have additional settings. You can make a list of exceptions on which ads will continue to be displayed. This is necessary in cases where resources refuse to work when the blocker is on.
The following case is a bit more complicated than the usual blocking of ads on site pages. The fact is that due to carelessness, the user can download malicious files or visit resources that distribute advertising. Because of this, an adware virus can get into the settings of the browser itself. This is manifested in the arbitrary opening of sites with advertisements and offers. The main search engine may also be replaced. Additionally pop-ups appear in the operating system itself. It is impossible to fix this problem by resetting the OS or browser, and a regular antivirus program will also not help. To get rid of adware, you must do the
- Open the link where you can download the special AdwCleaner utility.
- Run the downloaded file. No installation required.
- In the AdwCleaner window, click the Scan button.
- Wait while the utility downloads the databases and scans the system. In statistics, you
- can observe the number of detected threats.
- After scanning, click on “Clean and Restore”.
This concludes our discussion of this topic. Now you can get rid of advertising of any kind using the Google Chrome browser and several third-party tools. If you have questions and problems with removing ads, then write about it in the comments to the article.
Article Source: https://os-helper.ru/